A datamarketplace (datamarket, dmarket) is just like any marketplace, a platform which enables convenient buying, selling, and sharing of data. Data can come in various sizes. It must not necessarily be a static fixed data set. It can be streams.
Datamarketplaces help to solve problems
- Help buyers to find sellers and help sellers to find buyers.
- Handle the data.
- Prepare data for exchanges.
- Help to connect and handle their connectoin.
- How can data monetization happen easily without forcing data buyers to literally transact with each user individually — an expensive, cumbersome process if the buyer wants to procure a large data set?
- To what extent do users have to become negotiators on their own behalf, deciding on a case-by-case basis what data to share and how much to charge?
- Assist in validity tests.